Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA to work on a long-term basis at a special school based in Tower Hamlets. The school provides education for students aged between 14 and 19 years and covers a range of needs including ASD and social emotional and mental health (SEMH). The school is rated ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED and accommodates students who cannot thrive in a mainstream environment by providing alternative provision and level of care. The suitable Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA is required from March 2018 until the end of the academic year.
About the Role
· Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA
· Working with students with ASD and SEMH
· Starting March 2018
· Daily rate from £70 a day (depending on experience)
About the School
· Students aged between 14 and 19 years’ old
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED
· Help to progress young people into employment
· Non-religious, non-selective school
· Part of a trust which has achieved excellent results for the past 15 years
· Provides progression routes for the learners including apprenticeships in major firms in London.
· Achieved excellent results for the past 15 years
· Serves people in communities most impacted by social and economic inequalities
· Regular working hours, starting at 8:30am
· Accessible from Canary Wharf
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA will need to meet the following criteria:
· Have proven UK classroom-based experience in a pupil referral unit (PRU)
· Strong behaviour management
· Welcome candidates who has a strong understanding of broad SEN knowledge
· Willing to empower young people and progress them into employment
· Have a particular interest in or experience of meeting health care needs
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number FRAA1306.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.