Role: Deputy Principal
Employer: Inner Sydney Montessori School
School Type: Pre and Primary School
Location: Balmain, Inner Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Contract Type: Full Time
Ref number: #JO-1802-526144
Exciting New Opportunity – Deputy Principal
The Principal of Inner Sydney Montessori School (ISMS) invites applications for the position of Deputy Principal from Montessori trained teachers throughout the Australian school communities.
This is a rare and fantastic opportunity for a dedicated Montessori educator to join our enthusiastic and passionate team. We anticipate the successful applicant will not be a full-time Class Director but will have teaching commitments and this is flexible and subject to discussion.
Well located in the vibrant suburbs of Balmain and Lilyfield, ISMS has an enviable, small school reputation. ISMS is a friendly and dynamic preschool and primary school with students at the heart. Our staff create nurturing classrooms where each child develops a healthy self-concept, positive values, strong skills and habits, a deep academic understanding and a curiosity and appreciation of nature and the world around.
Recognised as one of Australia’s leading Montessori registered schools, our child focused preschool and primary school has around 300 students between the ages of 3-12. In addition, around 100 students are enrolled per term in the Infant Community Program for 0-3 year olds.
Well positioned financially and with imminent expansion, ISMS aims to grow across multiple campuses and, in conjunction with another Montessori school, is in the early stages of developing a Montessori High School.
The successful candidate will be a passionate educator, with an enthusiasm for child-focused, kineaesthetic and project-based learning. You must have a reputable Montessori qualification, a relevant teaching qualification and NSW accreditation (or be able to attain NSW accreditation). You will demonstrate:
- A deep knowledge of Montessori education and passion to embrace and commit to the Montessori philosophy;
- Strong emotional intelligence with the ability to inspire, challenge and develop others as you support the Principal to lead the school;
- The ability to promote a positive and supportive ethos for pupils and staff where all are valued, encouraged and challenged to achieve the best they can;
- A strong sense of collaboration with the ability to communicate and manage relationships effectively with School Council, staff and other stakeholders.
ISMS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The position is subject to satisfactory references, police clearances and a Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
This recruitment search is being undertaken by Smart Teachers Recruitment; they will support the Principal throughout the search and selection process.
Email ISMS@smartteachers.com.au to access a Candidate Engagement Pack.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Zoe Cobon of Smart Teachers Australia on (07) 3112 8566.
To apply, please include in your application a CV and a written response addressing matters specified in the Candidate Engagement Pack.
Email your application to ISMS@smartteachers.com.au
Search and Selection Timing
- Application closing date is the 22nd May 2018;
- Interviews with interstate candidates will take place via Skype in the first instance.