Smart Teachers is recruiting a full time Head of Geography for this selective preparatory school for boys’ in North West London. If you are an existing or aspiring HOD, this is an exciting opportunity to join an already successful department. The school prides itself on the high calibre of education provided. With an extensive extracurricular programme, all pupils are given the opportunities to thrive in a safe, caring environment. They are looking for a HOD passionate about their subject area and able to demonstrate this to pupils and staff alike.
About the Role
- Head of Department Geography
- Small class sizes
- Commencing in September 2018 or January 2019
- Full time, permanent contracts
- Salary from £45,000 per annum (dependent on experience, above QTS scale)
About the School
- Independent preparatory school for boys aged 4-13
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by ISI
- Impressive facilities based on three established sites in central London location
- Located near to Swiss Cottage and Hampstead stations
In order to be considered for this role, the HOD will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have experience teaching and / or managing KS2-3 Geography curriculum in the UK
- Hold a PGCE / B. Ed or equivalent teaching qualification
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number SXT23728.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.