Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Food Technology Teacher to work with KS3 - KS5 learners with ASD and Complex Needs. Many of the students are high functioning, but the successful candidate will need to be able to manage the behaviour of small classes of students. The teacher will need to have recent experience of delivering the Food Technology curriculum and QTS is preferable.
About the Role
- KS3 – KS5 Food Technology Teacher required
- Working with a range of Special Education Needs, including ASD, MLD and Complex Needs
- Small class sizes, with a maximum of ten learners per class
- The school is expanding and is building large new buildings that cater specifically for the needs of their students
- The school is purpose built and offers a lovely learning and work environment
In order to be considered for this role, the teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum of 6 weeks is essential)
- Previous experience with SEN students, ideally ASD and MLD
- Be comfortable delivering the Food Technology curriculum
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
- Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference IXH05840.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.