Smart Teachers is recruiting for Special Needs Support Assistants to work within an SEN environment in South West London. The school is located in the London Borough of Wandsworth, and it is split over two sites. This special needs school caters for children between the ages of 3 and 19, who have autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties. The Special Needs Support Assistant for this role will need to be comfortable working within an SEN environment, and with children across primary and secondary.
About the Role
- Special Needs Support Assistant to work with students with autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties aged between 3 and 19 years old
- To support the class teacher within a special needs environment
- Assisting with changing and feeding the children when required
- Working in conjunction with the class teacher and up to three other support staff within the classroom
- Assisting and supporting the children with classroom work, as well as off site trips to the adventure playground and the local farm
- Daily rate between £70 and £75 per day
- Part- and full-time options available for employment flexibility
- Temporary contracts available from September 2018
About the School
- Maximum of nine children per class
- There are 11 classes across primary, and eight throughout secondary
- Split over two sites in the London Borough of Wandsworth
- Set in residential areas that are easily accessible via public transport
- Special needs school for children with autism and learning difficulties
- Well structured days with small group work including cooking, outside play, dance and music sessions
- Large outside space with a wide variety of sensory toys
- Climbing frames, bicycles and lots of other playground equipment is available for all of the children
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Needs Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience working within education during the past two years is crucial
- Previous experience working within a special needs environment is desired, but not essential
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD14129.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.