Applications are invited for the following Head of Teaching and Learning (Senior School 7-12) role at our client school located in South West Sydney. It is a coeducational Independent school. It is approximately 50 kilometres west of Sydney Central Business District. The Head of Teaching and Learning is a new Executive position. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, inspirational leader who is ready for personal growth and equipped to provide value to the school’s strategic vision.
Job Ref #JO-1807-529962 - Head of Teaching and Learning (Senior School 7-12).
About the Role:
- New Executive position at the K-12 College
- To start by Term 4, 2018 (15 October 2018) or January 2019
- Full time role three-year contract with a view to extend
- Develop and lead the College’s 7-12 Quality Teaching and Learning Framework
- Collaborate with the K-6 Teaching and Learning Coordinator in implementing the Quality Teaching and Learning Framework
- Promote quality performance, providing teaching staff with meaningful and timely feedback
- Produce and implement clear, evidence-based improvement plans and policies that promote and sustain school improvement
- Opportunity to have a teaching load if desired
- Analyse a range of data (e.g. HSC, NAPLAN) to inform future strategic planning
About the School:
- This independent co-educational school is undergoing development in their extra-curricular and sporting facilities
- The school has a strong focus on STEM and robotics, having recently becoming finalists in international competitions
- Student enrolments have been increasing, and are predicted to rise again in 2019
- School built a strong reputation and has achieved outstanding results. Students have scored an ATAR of 90+ giving them entry scores into some of the most prestigious degrees at Australia’s leading universities
- The school offers accelerated learning in Years 7 to 10, where students who are independent learners and wish to be challenged beyond the classroom are timetabled together to work with like-minded students.
- Must be an experienced secondary educator who has the ability to think strategically and possess a strong knowledge and understanding of evidence-based teaching and learning.
- Experienced Higher School Certificate (HSC) Marker will be highly regarded
- Outstanding knowledge of teaching and learning frameworks and principles, including Cultures of Thinking, Visible Thinking, Teaching for Understanding and Habits of Mind
- Open to applicants taking a step up in their career or already in a similar position
- Interstate and international candidates invited to apply, the school is open to Visa Sponsorship for suitable international candidates
- Provide a minimum of three professional references
- Be registered or have the ability to be registered with New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA) and hold a NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC)
In order to apply for this role please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference #TES1807-529962EB, or click the ‘APPLY’ link below. Please note only suitable applicants will be contacted.
If you’re not keen on this great job but know someone who is, just have them contact us and mention your name; this will ensure if they secure the job you will receive a $250.00 gift card as per our referral scheme (T&Cs apply).