Job Ref#1811-532599 School Chaplain
Applications are invited for the following School Chaplain role for our client school located in New South Wales Northern Rivers region. It is approximately 7 hours’ drive north of Sydney Central Business District. It is a coeducational Christian school that caters for Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12.
About the Role:
- Part time 0.5FTE (2 days a week) permanent role commencing January 2019
- Responsible for maintaining and developing the Anglican ethos of the School
- Provide leadership in the ethical, spiritual and religious dimensions of life, caring for students, staff and the wider community
- Collaborating with Stage Coordinators and Pastoral Care teachers and classroom teachers to provide support and care to students and their families, particularly in challenging times or difficult situations
- Facilitate voluntary groups and activities for students seeking to explore and/or develop their spirituality
- Facilitate programs for significant Anglican commitments including Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation
About the School:
- The school provide students with the opportunity to achieve their full potential through participation in a broad range of learning experiences
- The School promotes a caring community where Christian values are respected and practised
- The School encourages and develops a spirit of partnerships between parents, students and staff in a creative learning environment
- Be a committed Christian and an active member of a Christian Church. Must have the ability to provide a Minister/Pastor reference from an Anglican church
- An accredited theological qualification, preferably at degree level
- Hold a teaching qualifications e.g. Bachelor of Education or equivalent
- Provide a minimum of three professional references
- Be registered or have the ability to be registered with New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA) and hold a NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Please reply to express interest. Due to time constraints, only short listed applicants will be contacted with more information.
Fast track your application:
If you are in Australia, email your CV to Sandy, quoting job reference #WEB1811-532599SL – email@example.com
If you are currently overseas, email your CV to Monet quoting job reference #WEB1811-532599MH – firstname.lastname@example.org
To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
If you’re not keen on this great job but know someone who is, just have them contact us and mention your name; this will ensure if they secure the job you will receive a $250.00 gift card as per our referral scheme (T&Cs apply).