Smart Teachers is recruiting for ASD Behaviour Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistants / ASD Behaviour SEN TAs to join a Special Needs school based in Croydon. An expanding school with modern buildings, the school caters for children with a range of needs (ASD, SLD, PMLD, MLD and complex needs), aged 11- 19. The ASD Behaviour Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistants / ASD Behaviour SEN TAs roles are to commence in January 2019 on a temporary basis, with a possibility for the role to be extended.
About the Role
· ASD Behaviour Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistants / ASD Behaviour SEN TAs
· Support students with ASD and behavioural difficulties
· Support students in class, small groups and 1:1
· Fixed term contract
· Starting January 2019 - July 2019, with potential for the role to be extended
· Daily rate from £70, dependent on experience
About the School
· Provides specialist education for students with ASD,MLD to SLD aged 11-19
· Small class sizes (8-10 pupils)
· Strong community environment and supportive leadership team
· Well-resourced modern building with sensory room, Lego Therapy Room, Music Therapy Room, Aroma Therapy and Massage Room as well as Immersive Room
· Expansive outdoor area including rooftop games arena
· Students are grouped according to learning styles
· Access to Forest School, Drama curriculum, as well as Work Experience
In order to be considered for this role, the ASD Behaviour Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistants / ASD Behaviour SEN TAs will need to meet the following criteria:
· Proven experience working in a UK school
· Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs)
· Have strong behaviour management skills
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number FRA36426.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.