Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Construction Teacher to join a successful small team in an Independent Therapeutic School in the London Borough of Lambeth. This full time position is available ASAP and will be on a permanent contract. The successful Construction Teacher will be instructing pupils in Years 10 and 11, within a well-resourced, purpose-built alternate provision.
About the Role
• Construction Teacher
• Full time
• Permanent Contract
• ASAP Start
• Working with Years 10 and 11, within a well-resourced, purpose-built alternate provision
• This role will be to teach construction to BTEC Level 1
• The class sizes are small, often teaching a maximum of 4 to 5 children
• This is a permanent position to start ASAP
• Strong behaviour management is essential within this school
• Salary range is £25,000 - £30,000
About the School
• An Independent Therapeutic School specialising in SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs)
• 20 children currently attend this school
• Located a short walk from a Northern Line station within the London Borough of Lambeth
• There are two other sites within the school group
• A new facility, which includes a central meeting area with leather sofas
• A spacious kitchen and dining area with an on-site chef
• An impressive new music suite and a spacious and well-equipped construction workshop
• Due to the nature of the needs at this school, students have high behavioural difficulties
• The team here includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists
• This site is a well-resourced and thriving setting for students to learn
• The students attend this school from all over London, and the school are currently working with around 13 different local authorities
In order to be considered for this role, the Construction Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree (preferred)
• Proven experience teaching BTEC Construction (preferred)
• Experience working within a SEMH setting is desired, but not essential
• Keen on continuing PD portfolio
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops.
• Regular social events.
• Consultant exclusivity.
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number LXD162879
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.