Smart Teachers are currently recruiting for a Geography Teacher to work at an ‘Outstanding’ secondary school in Lambeth, South London. The school itself is very highly regarded within the community; they welcome teachers with enthusiasm, optimism and a hard working ethos. This is a National Teaching School with opportunities to progress and regular CPD. It is a positive environment to work in and the children in their care are described as ‘delightfully eager to learn’. This Maternity cover role is available from 23rd April until July 2019.
About the Role
• Geography Teacher
• Temporary Maternity cover
• April 23rd until July 2019
• Daily rate between £130 - £190 per day (dependant on experience)
• Part time – 4 days per week, no Wednesdays
About the School
• Highly regarded secondary school in Lambeth
• Rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted
• National Teaching school, opportunities to progress and CPD on offer
• Children described as ‘delightfully eager to learn’
• Short walk from Streatham station, easily accessible from South East, South West and Central London
In order to be considered for this role, the Geography Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Hold a PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification
• NQTS welcome to apply as well as those with experience both in the UK and overseas
• Proven UK experience within a similar role
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Have good rapport with students, staff and outside authorities
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent references and valid DBS/police checks
• A sparky, ambitious and focused attitude with the ability to adapt to a new environment quickly
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RXN43123.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.