• Valuable leadership opportunity
• Modern school undergoing growth and expansion
• Welcoming school, great culture and environment
Applications are invited for the following vacancy at our K-12 client school located in Western Sydney (Mount Druitt). The school enjoys a proud reputation for actively engaging with its community. It offers a great environment, with inclusive and supportive colleagues and leadership.
The school is expanding and successful measures have been implemented to support and develop academic achievement and professional growth. These changes are supported by a positive working environment and a friendly and dynamic staff culture. This role affords you the opportunity to make significant growth in your education and leadership career; utilising your strengths in education, management, and curriculum.
Principal (K-12) – Western Sydney
This leadership opportunity will appeal to an inspiring, energetic and experienced educator who has worked in senior leadership positions including either Principal and or Deputy Principal within a creative school culture.
We are seeking a passionate leader who embraces a creative and innovative learning environment within an academic context. The Principal will strive to steer our school towards achieving academic excellence through the implementation of an academic curriculum that promotes and stimulates creative learners.
Reporting directly to the School Board, will be leading the School in the next phase of its development, building upon the strong foundations and culture established since its inception. The Principal will understand the School's mission and associated responsibilities to further develop the School.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide whole-of-College leadership, driving high-quality teaching and learning, managing and developing resource and to lead the growth of the School over the next 5 years and beyond.
The Principal role will oversee:
- Providing visible leadership on the development, strategic direction and vision of the School
- Enhancing the College profile and ensuring community perceptions are consistently positive particularly through times of change
- Academic excellence by implementing a creative and innovative curriculum
- Providing effective implementation of the school's operations that support continued growth, enrolments and profile of the School
- Lead, develop and motivate staff as talented educators, role models and leaders
- Inspire students to thrive and achieve in all aspects of their learning and personal development
- Developing and maintaining effective communication and strengthening of a strong school community and building relationships within the school and local communities
- Champion continuous improvement in the quality of teaching and learning
- Build respectful relationships and a positive and collaborative culture both internally and externally, with involvement with the P&F and other communities
Required Skills and Experience:
- Post graduate qualifications in relevant discipline (such as Education Management or Educational Leadership)
- A valid Working with Children Check (WWCC) and current proficient (or higher) NESA Registration
- Minimum of 8 years teaching experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years in a senior leadership position either Deputy Principal or Principal
- Broad Educational experience as an Educational Leader, and Management experience commensurate with the position of Principal
- Demonstrated experience in initiating, organising and leading projects that enhance educational outcomes through a collaborative approach with keys stakeholders
- Ideally a thorough understanding of the NSW and NESA requirements for the school curriculum and compliance
- A strategic thinker who can translate ideas and concepts into action, analyse complex situations and engage others proactively in change and improvement
- A person with a diligent attitude to working with regulatory, legislative and financial matters
- Experience in building productive networks that enhance the School's capacity to provide a quality program
- Full time, Ongoing, Permanent
- Starting date negotiable. Ideally Term 4, 2019 to work with the existing Principal to enable them to have a smooth transition into 2020 academic year. If this is not possible, it is expected that the new Principal will start from 1 January, 2020
- Supportive of the School’s Religious Ethos
- The school is Islamic, however applicants are not required to share the faith of the school, although will be respectful of its ethos and values
- Applications close at 4:00 pm on 31st May, 2019
In order to express interest this role please email your CV and a cover letter (no more than 2 A4 pages) to:
- If you are in Australia: to Emma quoting Job Reference #WEB1904-536294HM– email@example.com
- If you are currently overseas: to Monet quoting job reference #WEB1904-536294MH –firstname.lastname@example.org
- To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
Please note due to time constraints and an overwhelming number of applications, we regret it is not possible to respond to each applicant. By expressing your interest in this role via email your application is not immediately submitted to the school; however we will consider your details along with other candidates, and compile our initial shortlist for the school which best matches the criteria we have been given. If we believe you may be a suitable candidate for this role, we will contact you in the next few days to discuss the school and position more in depth. We appreciate your patience.
If you’re not keen on this great job but know someone who is, just have them contact us and mention your name; this will ensure if they secure the job you will receive a $250.00 gift card as per our referral scheme (T&Cs apply).