Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Art Teacher to join an ‘Outstanding’ school around the Chelmsford area. This full time Art teaching position is available for a September start and will be contracted for 1 term in the first instance. This will potentially be extended and continue for the rest of the academic year.
The successful Art teacher will need to have relevant experience teaching across both KS3/4 and KS5.
About the Role
• Secondary Art Teacher
• Teaching Art to both KS3/4 and also crossing over to KS5
• Temporary contract for one term
• Potential to have contract extended
• £150-£170 per day
About the School
• An outstanding secondary school with sixth form
• Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
• School performance results puts them in the top 10% of secondary schools in the country
• Examination performance is significantly above average across GCSE, A Level and IB
• Close to the train station, parking also available
In order to be considered for this role, the Art Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMH1408SATC.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.