Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant / LSA to work within a school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. This independent school caters for students from Year 6 up to Year 9. The Learning Support Assistant / LSA will be required to start in October 2019 and this is a full time role. The hours of work are 8am to 4.30pm, from Monday to Friday. This is a permanent contract starting in October 2019, with a salary of £18,000.
About the Role
• Learning Support Assistant / LSA
• October 2019 start
• Permanent contract
• Supporting students across KS2 / KS3 (3 classes, 26 pupils)
• Team teacher model, with three teachers teaching across three classes
• Working with students with a variety of special needs, centred on Social Emotional and Mental Health.
• This role may involve one to one support, or general class support
• To work with others to support pupils emotionally using the school’s therapeutic approach so that they can overcome barriers to learning; this inevitably includes effectively managing difficult behaviour throughout the day
• £18,000 salary
About the School
• Independent school based in South East London
• Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid Senior Leadership Team
• Daily briefings are held with all members of staff, which is particularly important given the SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties) needs of the students
• 40 students currently attend the school
• Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
• Padded time-out room available
• Apple macs with the latest technology are found in every classroom
• Provides extensive professional development for staff
• Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid, as well as ongoing CPD support and workshops from the school
In order to be considered for this role, the Learning Support Assistant / LSA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Previous experience working with students with SEN (desirable)
• Have proven experience working within a UK based classroom as a Learning Support Assistant / LSA
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD1109LSA
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.
#STPrime, #STSec or #Ta