Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant / LSA to support mainstream children alongside children with special needs at an Early Years setting in Westminster. The Learning Support Assistant / LSA be working with children with a range of needs and potentially challenging behaviour. The Learning Support Assistant / LSA position will be full time. Experience of the EYFS framework is preferred. This role runs year-round, Monday to Friday, on a shift pattern (hours between 9:00 – 18:00). This is a permanent role to commence as soon as possible.
About the Role
• Learning Support Assistant / LSA
• Support mainstream children alongside children with special needs including complex physical and learning disabilities, ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), and challenging behaviour
• To work within an Early Years setting
• Full-time position, 37.5 hours per week
• Year-round role
• Different shift patterns of 7.5 hours per day Monday – Friday between 9:00 – 18:00
• Flexibility to work Monday through to Sunday (weekend work is based on a rota)
• Permanent position with an annual salary of £18,135
About the Establishment
• Run by a charity that provides services for children and adults with additional needs in Westminster
• Integrated early years setting that supports both mainstream and SEN children
• Supports children from the age of 6 months to 5 years
• Offers specialist support for children with SEN
• Strong emphasis on familial relationships
• Close to transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the Learning Support Assistant / LSA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent experience supporting children or adults (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• NNEB Qualification of NVQ Level 3 or above in children’s care, learning, and development (preferred)
• Knowledge and experience of working within the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable, but not essential)
• Be comfortable with personal care (feeding and changing)
• Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD1109WLSA.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.
#STPrime, #STSec or #Ta