Smart Teachers is recruiting for a 1:1 Teaching Assistant to join a vibrant and popular primary school in the London borough of Hammersmith & Fulham. This is a full time position available to start in November 2019 and will be contracted initially for a term, but with the potential to carry on for the full academic year. The role will be working on a 1:1 basis with a Year 5 child in Key Stage 2 so experience with SEN would be advantageous. Ofsted has rated this welcoming two-form entry school “Outstanding” in its most recent inspection. They also offer excellent training and continuing professional development for all staff.
About the Role
• 1:1 Teaching Assistant
• Working with a child in Key Stage 2
• Experience working with children with SEN is preferred
• November 2019 start
• Daily rate between £70 - £75 (depending on experience)
About the School
• Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted on all aspects
• Very supportive and welcoming school
• 2 form entry school with a very positive environment
• Children’s behavior is constantly good
• Lovely school building with excellent facilities
• Excellent training and professional development opportunities available for all staff
• Located in Zone 2 and very close to the nearest station
In order to be considered for this role, the 1:1 Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NXB0811SENTAWLFS.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.