Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Special Needs Support Assistant to join a large school as part of the specialist SEN provision in Waltham Forest. This school provides excellent training and support for individuals with passion and commitment in working with children with additional needs. Experienced staff as well as graduates are strongly encouraged to apply
About the Role
• Special Needs Support Assistant
• To work collaboratively within a large team
• Working on a 1:1 and sometimes 2:1 basis with more than 1 child throughout the week
• Attend CPD once a week
• Long term supply contract
• Daily rate £70-£80
• Contract type/term
About the School
• Large four form all through School in the heart of Waltham Forest
• Ofsted graded ‘Good’
• School has been recently built with state of the art indoor and outdoor resources
• Excellent levels of teaching and learning here
• Support staff are upskilled well here, with there being great internal opportunities on offer
• Close to Leyton, Forest Gate and Walthamstow Central station
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Needs Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Hold an educational degree or have proven experience of working in Primary schools
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number DDS46341.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.