Smart Teachers are recruiting for a Humanities Teacher/ History Teacher to join a popular non –selective Academy in South East London. The Humanities / History Teacher position is suitable for NQTs as well as teachers that are more experienced. The successful candidate must be able to teach Humanities/ History to KS5. The academy provides excellent professional development opportunities for experienced and newly qualified teachers. This full time, permanent position is available from January 2020.
About the Role
• Humanities / History Teacher
• Teach Humanities / History from KS3 to KS5
• Permanent contract from January 2020
• MPS + OLA and recruitment retention
About the School
• A large, mixed, popular non-selective Academy
• Well-structured behaviour policy in place
• Develop and maintain an environment where students are valued and given the opportunity to reach potential
• Located within M25, 40 Minutes from London Bridge
• Accessible from most parts of East, Central and North London
• Parking available
In order to be considered for this Humanities Teacher / History Teacher, the successful candidate will need to meet the following criteria:
• Must have QTS/ PGCE History
• Must have a good first degree (Bachelor or higher is essential)
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum one term)
• Have strong behaviour management skills
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RCR180706HUM.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.