Smart Teachers is currently recruiting for a Geography Teacher for a school in Waltham Abbey, Essex. The school requires a Geography to take over a KS3 and KS4 timetable. This is a temporary to permanent position for the successful candidate. If successful, you will be joining a school rated by Ofsted as “good”. Situated in Essex, this is a smaller than average sized co-ed school that caters for pupils aged 11 – 16. This school is easily commutable from North London.
• Supportive school with supportive leadership
• Behaviour is good
• Ofsted rated “good”
• Located just outside of North London
• Under an hour from Liverpool street station – East London
• This school offer a comprehensive induction programme for all staff
• Ongoing extensive professional development for any staff
• Access to onsite gym
• Child care voucher scheme available
• Allocated onsite parking space
To be considered for the Geography position, you will:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay as You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Geography Teacher who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or Apply today via this website, or by emailing email@example.com with an up-to-date CV, quoting the reference number: RXN24762GEOG
For more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact us on 0207 065 7500.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.