Smart Teachers are recruiting for a wonderful Science Teacher to obtain this very desirable vacancy, which is set in a delightful village within leafy Berkshire. This school caters for students between the ages of 3 – 14 years old with children here entering the school with high levels of ability as they are exposed to learning opportunities that are uncommon in different varying schools. If you are seeking a role within the independent sector and are willing to immerse yourself into extracurricular life, please apply.
• Science Teacher
• To effectively teach General Science to boys at Year 6-8 level
• Be comfortable teaching Year 6 Mathematics
• To deliver creative and engaging lessons, in line with the principals of meeting the needs of Boys Education
• To be an active part of extra-curricular life at school, particularly games
• Independent school set in extensive grounds
• Small class sizes
• High expectations in terms of teaching standards and achievement
• Of Catholic denomination
• Strong sporting ethos
• Be able to deliver Science and mathematics classes proficiently
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Science Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or by sending an up-to-date CV to email@example.com quoting the following reference number: DDS27339SCI
For more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers please contact our Primary Team team on 02039687199
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.