This is a school rated “good” by Ofsted. It is a co-ed school, 11 to 18 with a large amount of students on roll. This school is based in Sutton, South London. The classrooms are all well equipped and the school are committed to the development of their staff.
To be considered for this Economics Teacher position, you will:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
· Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
· Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
· Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
· Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
· FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
· Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
· Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an Economics Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you. Apply today via this website, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with an up-to-date CV, quoting the reference number: RXN/GHEMB
For more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary division team on 0207 065 7535.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.