Our client is a leading independent, co-educational, non-denominational Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 School in the Hills District. Their ethos is underpinned by humanitarian values and its major emphasis is the development of excellence in scholarship, personal development, and citizenship. Their mission focuses on the development of the whole person and it is in this context that learning is seen as a lifelong process with our ultimate goal being to develop graduates who are accomplished and confident and have a love of learning. The academic environment which the teachers aim to create is one of intellectual curiosity through shared endeavour and collaboration with students. This school is well known for its caring and family-oriented environment.
About the Role:
The Head of Junior School is responsible for the day-to-day operations of Kindergarten to Year 6. In occupying this key leadership position, the Head of Junior School will make a major contribution to the overall strategic direction and operational efficiencies of the School and, reflect, uphold, and nurture the School's Ethos. This senior leadership position requires a person with energy, vision and the capacity to lead staff, work with parents and inspire students.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity commencing Term 1 2021.
• High degree of professional judgement and empathy with, and for children and young people
• Strong strategic planning capability
• Ability to formulate, develop and sustain best practice
• Budgeting skills
• Demonstrated ability to balance strategic priorities with operational necessity in a client driven environment
• Demonstrated ability to display initiative, contribute new ideas, evaluate and challenge current systems and processes and achieve ongoing improvements
• Strong academic qualification/s in a relevant discipline from a recognised university, significant teaching experience and eligibility for registration with NESA
• Sound knowledge of the independent school sector
• Demonstrated skill in identifying and implementing significant improvement and change
• Highly developed leadership and management skills
• Demonstrated ability to build a cohesive and effective team
• Demonstrated ability in mentoring and coaching, and developing appropriate professional learning opportunities for staff
• Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Have a current Working with Children Clearance
• Have an active membership with NESA
Registering with Tes:
• Completely free service
• Gain access to exclusively listed positions
• Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more!
Please reply to express interest. Due to time constraints, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with more information.
Fast track your application:
• If you are in Australia or New Zealand, email your CV to Lyndsay, quoting job reference #TES2009-545058LM – Lyndsay.firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you are currently overseas, email your CV to Sarah quoting job reference #TES2009-545058SD – Sarah.Devereux@tes.com
• To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!