Special Needs Support Assistant
North East London
£10 per hour. Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Cache level 2 or 3 in Early Years Education and recent experience of supporting learners with special educational needs within the early years.
Contract dates 2nd November 2020 – July 2021
Smart Teachers is seeking to assist a reputable primary school in North East London, part of a popular academy trust looking to recruit a Special Needs Support Assistant. Split over two sites, the successful candidate will be based within the infants school and childrens centre. The Special Needs support assistant will be supporting a child with Downs Syndrome within a Reception class for the first part of the day, and then supporting within the daycare for the remainder of the shift. Special Needs support assistants seeking full time employment are welcome to apply, and will benefit from working within a reputable academy.
• Special Needs Support Assistant
• Supporting a child in Reception with Downs syndrome from 09:00-12:00
• Supporting within the daycare rooms from 13:00-18:00 (the working day is therefore 09:00-18:00)
• Personal care and toileting is not required, although the child will need to be reminded to go
• Long term booking until July 2021
• £10 per hour
• Three form entry school
• Graded ‘Good’ in 2019
• Dynamic and professional leadership team
• Exciting and engaging early years setting on a separate site
• Accessable from Lea Bridge road overground station, Leyton tube, and Walthamstow
To be considered for the Special Needs Support Assistant position, you will:
• Have sound knowledge of the EYFS curriculum
• Cache level 2 or 3 in Early Years Education
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Previous experience of supporting children with Downs Syndrome
• Be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Have recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Special Needs Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary team on 02070657500 quoting job reference DDS24075.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.