Job title: SEN Teaching Assistant
Salary: £60-£75 Per day PAYE.
To be considered, candidates must hold a minimum Level 3 or Degree equivalent qualification. The successful candidate will have experience working on a 1:1 basis with pupils diagnosed with Autistic Syndrome Disorder.
Contract dates: February 2021 – August 2021 (Subject to change due to potential prolonged school closure due to Covid-19).
Smart Teachers are recruiting for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to work in a one-form entry school in Haringey. The school has been rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted and foster a nurturing and caring environment for both students and staff. The successful candidate will be working on a 1:1 basis with a young boy in year 4, diagnosed with ASD. The pupil requires assistance within class during lessons, as well as minor behaviour management throughout the school day. Core responsibilities will include channelling his focus to essential tasks required of him within the school day, as well as support during playtime to ensure he is playing responsibly with peers. The successful candidate will also assist the class teacher plan and develop tailored activities for the student. No personal care or medical assistance will be required of you.
The school is situated within Muswell Hill, Haringey and is committed to providing a nurturing and interactive learning experience for all pupils. Outdoor learning is widely encouraged throughout the school in order to provide a holistic approach to learning and development. The leadership team are very supportive and actively provide CPD for all staff in order to build skills that will optimise academic, social and emotional development of pupils.
To be considered for the SEN Teaching Assistant position, you will:
• Degree Level/ minimum Level 3
• Proven experience working in Primary Schools
• Experience working with SEN students, in particular with pupils diagnosed with ASD
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
Smart Teachers are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEN Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary division team on 0207 065 7513 quoting referencing GXS SENTA40021
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.