Job title: KS2 Learning Support Assistant
Pay: £75 - 77 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Contract dates: January 2021 – July 2021
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a KS2 Learning Support Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a key child within Key Stage 2. Successful candidates must hold a Level 3 Certificate in supporting teaching and learning, and have experience of supporting children with SPLD. This role is based at an outstanding Primary School based in Ealing, West London. Here, the successful candidate can enjoy a professional and supportive working environment, under the guidance and supervision of a knowledgeable senior leadership team.
• To support a child in within Key stage 2 who has speech/language communication needs
• Confidently deliver interventions around reading, writing, as well as PSHE
• Working collaboratively with the class teacher, SENDCO, and other external agencies
• Three form entry school split over two sites in an attractive area of Ealing
• Graded outstanding by OFSTED
• Of Christian denomination, candidates should therefore be respectful of the school ethos and values taught
• Teaching levels and expectation of the children is high
• Accessible from all Ealing stations
• Level 3 Certificate in supporting teaching and learning
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Experience of supporting learners with additional needs at Key Stage 2 Level
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a KS2 Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers please contact our Primary Team on 02039687199 and quote reference DDS LSA47882.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.