Tutor supporting LAC/SEN children
£25 per hour
Smart Teachers is an approved Tuition Partner for the National Tutoring Programme (NTP). We are looking to recruit a qualified primary /SEN specialist teacher to work as a Tutor, providing 1:1 tuition sessions, on a face-to-face basis for children with diagnosed and undiagnosed learning difficulties. Tutoring will commence from the 26th April 2021 (pending any changes to lockdown dates).
We need a qualified primary teacher to tutor 10 key children across Key Stage 1 and 2. The school is based in Newham and caters for a high population of children with English as an Additional language. There will be different focuses for each child as their individual needs will vary.
Tutors will deliver multiple tuition blocks to different children. Each child will receive 15-hours tuition, resulting in 5 hours tuition being delivered each day over a 6 week period. In this case, Tutors will need to arrive at 08:30am and be ready to begin tutoring from 9am -3:15, whilst taking a 1 hour lunch break. The school will provide the Tutor with information about the students participating in each group, their current attainment levels, what needs to be covered during the sessions and the expected outcomes for each tuition block.
As part of this role, Tutors will be required to receive core material from the school, and then create their own resources to ensure learning is both individualised and creative. They must also provide weekly student feedback to the school, covering areas such as attendance, engagement and progress. On completion of the tuition block, the tutor, pupil(s) and school will also complete an evaluation to help assess the impact of the tuition.
Smart Teachers is an approved Tuition Partner for the National Tuition Programme (NTP). As a Tuition Partner, all Tutors for the NTP must:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), be primary or secondary subject specialists and have recent classroom experience.
• Be able to attend 2 x 45-minute NTP induction webinars, which will provide Tutors with an overview of the programme, successful tuition strategies, a demonstration of the online tuition platform and essential information about the feedback process.
• Have completed child protection, safeguarding and GDPR courses within the last 12 months before commencing any tutoring sessions. We can provide tutors with free access to these training courses if required.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent hourly rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system. Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online EduCare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified primary or secondary subject specialist Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers please contact Primary Team on 0203 968 7199 and quote reference DDSNTP6512.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.