SEN Support Worker
Salary: £65 - £70 per day PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. To be considered for the position you will need to have experience either working within an SEN School or working with individual of any age with physical, emotional, or mental health needs.
Contract: April 2021 – July 2021
Smart Teachers is currently recruiting for experienced SEN Support Workers to work at a fantastic SEN school in Croydon.
The successful SEN Support Worker will be working with students with ASD and/or complex needs ranging from ages 4 -11. You will have the opportunity to work in very small class sizes alongside other experienced and passionate support staff and creative teachers. You will be a great team player, someone who takes direction well but is not afraid to use your initiative when needed. Most importantly, the genuine desire to help students reach their full potential will be at the heart of everything you do. If this is you please apply via this website.
The school is an OFSTED ‘Good’ primary school and has an excellent reputation within the area. They cater for students with a diverse range of SEN needs, and have excellent facilities to help their students. This is a school that prides itself on it’s ability to be forward thinking and innovative, and because of this you will have an exciting opportunity to work with a group of supportive and creative individuals who embrace new ideas and change.
To be considered for the SEN Support Worker position, you will be comfortable:
• Assessing individual learning needs and working on a group basis.
• Preparing materials, equipment and lessons.
• Assisting with the personal care needs of pupils.
• Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers, education welfare officers, social workers and Healthcare professionals.
• Working alongside and advising learning support assistants
Other experience and qualifications preferable:
• Confidence in working with and communicating PECs & Makaton
• Team Teach qualified
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
For more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEN team on 020 7065 7500 and quote reference FOASENSUP 41382.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.