SEN Teaching Assistant
Salary: £70 - £75 per day PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are previous experience working with special needs
Contract: April 2021 – July 2021
Smart Teachers are currently recruiting for experienced SEN Teaching Assistants to work in an SEN school in Croydon. We currently have a wide range of exciting positions available for either day-to-day or long-term supply within this school across the key stages.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced and varied environment. You’ll be joining a dedicated and hard working team of practitioners, who pride themselves on their ability to get the best out of their students. Class sizes are small and generally there are more Teaching Assistant than students. Every student also has a support plan in place, and there will also be a team of therapists on hand to provide advice and support in order to aid student progression.
Students at the school have a wide variety of needs, ranging from SEMH to ASD and complex needs, and the school employs a nurture based approach, designed to find positive ways to encourage behaviour.
To be considered for the SEN Teaching Assistant position, you will be comfortable:
• Assessing individual learning needs and working on a group basis.
• Previous experience working in an SEN environment, either Primary or Secondary.
• Excellent Behaviour management
• Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers, education welfare officers, social workers and Healthcare professionals
• Working alongside and advising learning support assistants
Other experience and qualifications preferable:
• Confidence in working with and communicating PECs & Makaton
• Team Teach qualified
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEN Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with an up-to-date CV.
For more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEN team on 020 7065 7500 and quote reference FOASENTA 47064.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.