SEN Teaching Assistant
Pay £70 - £80 per day via PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are recent experience in a UK Primary school.
September 2021 – July 2022
Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant for a large Primary School in Barnet. The school are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking SEN Teaching Assistant to join a dedicated and successful department. Experience is essential, with knowledge of ASD and ADD is preferred. The role would commence in September on a temporary basis but could become permanent for the right person. The school is well thought of in the area and has been getting amazing results over the past few years.
• Working 1:1 with a child with ASD
• Have experience supporting children in schools in the UK
• Possess a flexible work ethic, be willing to adapt and work to deadlines successfully
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an SEN Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary team on 0207 065 7500 and quote reference NXBSENTASept 1463.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.