SEND Secondary Teaching Assistant
Location: Harrow on the Hill
Pay £350-450 per week via PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are experience supporting children in the UK.
Contract dates: September- temp to perm contract.
Smart Teachers are recruiting for several learning support assistants who are able and willing to work with secondary aged SEMH and autistic students. The school is based in Harrow, a short walk from Harrow on the Hill station and is a new school centre open for students in September. The school has four large floors, an indoor Astro turf and sports arena, music room and sensory/relaxation- reflection area. With this being a new school, the opportunities for progression are fantastic. There is room for every member of staff to develop their learning as well as be trained in team teach as well as first aid and safeguarding. The school are also open to suggestions as to how the school can be ran and what improvements can be made for the students. The school day would run from 08:30-14:30 and lunch would be taken with the students. From 14:30-16:00 a debrief is completed and an opportunity for staff to finish the day early.
• Have experience in a secondary or SEND school.
• Have previous experience of working with students with ASD, PMLD, SEMH, MLD, SLD or as a 1:1 support role.
• Looking for a career
• Possess a flexible work ethic, be willing to adapt and work to deadlines successfully.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEND team on 0207 065 7525 and quote reference DHWSENTA 228891.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.