SEN Support Worker
London Borough of Tower Hamlets
£70 - £80 per day (PAYE)
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Support Worker to work within a special needs environment in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. The children have severe and complex learning needs. The successful SEN Support Assistant will need to be comfortable working within a special needs environment, with children aged 11-19.
• SEN Support Worker
• To work with students with severe and complex learning needs
• Working with children ages 11-19
• Set in an area that is easily accessible via public transport
• Special needs school for children with severe and complex learning needs
• Friendly environment
• Located in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets
To be considered for the SEN Support Worker Role, you will:
• Have experience working with children or adults with special needs
• Have strong communication, literacy, and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support
How to apply
If you are an SEN Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEN team on 020 7065 7500 and quote job reference: MXLSEN014710.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.