Computer Science Teacher
Pay - £32,157 - £50,935 per annum
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is two or more years’ experience teaching GCSE and A Level Computer Science.
Computer Science Teacher required to join a school in Lambeth. This full-time position is to start in September 2021. You will be the sole / lead teacher of Computer Science and have an interest in developing the Computer Science links with employers and software engineering. You will be teaching students across KS4/5 only. (GCSE / A Level)
This school caters for pupils aged 14 to 19, based in the heart of Brixton South London. A small setting with around 300 pupils currently but capacity for around 700. Great transport links from Brixton with on site car park. You will have free access to a gym, cycle to work scheme and Free lunch.
To be considered for this Computer Science Teacher position, you will:
• Hold a QTS or equivalent
• Strong academic background
• Comfortable teaching across all levels
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
• Experience working across KS4/5 (GCSE / A Level)
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Computer Science Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Secondary team on 0207 065 7535, quoting the reference RXNCOMPSCIENCE5460.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.