1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
London Borough of Waltham Forest
£70 - £85 per day PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
Smart Teachers are recruiting for 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant to work within special needs environments in the London Borough of Waltham Forest. The successful 1:1 Special Needs Teaching Assistant will need to be comfortable working within a special needs environment, with children across a primary and/or secondary setting.
• Primary or Secondary 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
• To work with children with a range of needs including PMLD, Autism, Speech & Language Needs
• Set in an area that is easily accessible via public transport
• Special needs school for children with a range of needs
• Well-structured days with small group work
• Located in the London Borough of Waltham Forest
To be considered for the 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant position, you will:
• Have proven experience working in Primary and/or Secondary Schools
• Experience working with SEN students or
• Experience working in the Care Environment
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEN Team on 020 7065 7500 and quote job reference MXL SENTA49925