Part-Time SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: London Borough of Barnet
Salary: Dependent on experience
Start date: October 2021
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are previous experience working in the chosen field.
Are you creative with a passion for changing the lives of young people?
Smart Teachers are recruiting for an enthusiastic Part-Time SEN Teaching Assistant to support students in a small and tightly knit school! We are looking for Teaching Assistants who have a real passion for changing the lives of young people and supporting their dreams. This position will be perfect for anyone seeking a part time role.
The school has up to 15 students, who vary from having SEMH needs to high-functioning ASD. The school is looking for permanent staff who can make a real difference to students, with a long-term plan of taking on more pupils and offering an alternative to mainstream education. There is parking on site and is only 5 minutes from the nearest tube station. The school will offer training and support to all staff.
Main roles and responsibilities:
• To support students in their studies in classrooms
• Mentor students who have not taken up mainstream study
• Build rapport with the students and make a meaningful change
• Inspire students to maintain motivation for their studies
• DBS on the Update System (we can help with this!)
• Previous experience working in schools.
• Creativity and passion are an absolute MUST!
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an enthusiastic, passionate Part-Time SEN Teaching Assistant and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEND team on 0207 065 7525 and quote job reference BXB SENTA91486
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.