Autism Teaching Assistant
£68 - £80 per day PAYE
September 2021 – July 2022
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is Level 2 and experience in a UK primary school.
Smart Teachers are recruiting for a full time, experienced Autism Teaching Assistant who has experience working with children with Autism. The role with be working on a 1:1 and small groups basis supporting the Early Years. The role will be for the academic year ending July 2022.
This ‘Good’ school as graded by Ofsted located in the heart of Islington is small 2 form entry school with a big personality. The SLT have a wealth of experience supporting teachers. Staff have said the school is a fantastic place to work and both staff and children feel like family. With bright classrooms, large playgrounds and all the support you need, this thriving school is a fantastic place to work and develop your career.
To be considered for the Autism Teaching Assistant role, you must:
• Must hold a valid DBS
• Have experience working with Autism
• Eligibility to work in the UK (must have a valid visa)
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an Autism Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary team on 0207 065 7500 and quote reference DXHASDTA 34445.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.