SEN Teaching Assistant
Salary: £22,558 - £24,233
Start date: ASAP – October 2021
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are previous experience working in the chosen field.
Are you creative with a passion for changing the lives of young people?
Smart Teachers are recruiting for an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support students in a thriving special school in Twickenham.
The school accommodates pupils with severe and complex learning difficulties including those with an additional diagnosis of autism and/or physical/sensory disabilities.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant with a real passion for changing the lives of young people and supporting their dreams. There are plenty roles available, so apply within!
Main roles and responsibilities:
• To support students in their studies in classrooms
• Assist the class teacher with managing the class
• Build rapport with the students and make a meaningful change
• Inspire students to maintain motivation for their studies
• DBS on the US.
• Previous experience working in schools.
• Passion is an absolute MUST!
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an enthusiastic and passionate SEN Teaching Assistant that would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEND team on 0207 065 7525 and quote job reference BXB SENDTA19812
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.