Head of Religious Education or Teacher of Religious Education (RE)
Pay - £26,948 to £42,780 plus TLR 2.1
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is a QTS or equivalent.
Head of Religious Education or Teacher of Religious Education (RE) required to join a good school in Surrey. This full-time position is to start in January 2022. We have worked with this school for several years, behaviour is very good, results are good and the staff are supportive. This school receives very good feedback from staff we have placed here previously. TLR 2.1 is an additional £2873. We are open to candidates with leadership experience or those looking for the next step for their career. The school are either looking for a Head of RE or Teacher of RE, we will also consider part time applicants.
Rated “good” by its most recent Ofsted, this larger than average secondary school is part of a multi-academy trust with friendly and supportive leadership. We have successfully recruited many members of staff some of which are now long-standing members of the team. Great transport links from Vauxhall, Clapham and Wimbledon in addition to onsite parking.
To be considered for this Head of Religious Education or Teacher of Religious Education (RE) position, you will:
• Hold a QTS or equivalent
• Strong academic background
• Comfortable teaching across all levels
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Head of Religious Education or Teacher of Religious Education (RE) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Secondary team on 0207 065 7535, quoting the reference RXNRE33288.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.