Academic Coach – English
Academic Coach of English – Key Stage 3 and 4
£22,490 - £23,000 per annum
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is a minimum of 6 weeks experience within a school environment.
The proposed start date for this role would be October 2021.
Smart Teachers is seeking to appoint an Academic Coach who has a proven track record of providing support across Key stage 3 and 4 although A level experience would be highly desirable. This post is particularly suitable for a newly qualified teacher or possibly an individual who has experience providing one to one and small group support to students aged 11 -16 in English.
The school pride themselves for the high expectations they have established for their students and staff with a view of ensuring their students have access to an education that offers them the best possible outcome as the next generation of leaders. A major feature of the teaching in this school is they believe any pupil can succeed regardless of their prior background. The staff pride themselves on providing the widest opportunities through its extensive and broad curriculum.
To be considered for the Academic Coach position, you will have
• Relevant specialist experience and qualifications in your subject specialism with the ability to teach at Key Stage 3 – 4
• Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa)
• Possess recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay as You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Academic Coach who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Secondary team on 0207 065 7530, quoting the reference DXUCOACH24050.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.