KS1 Learning Support Assistant
Pay £70-£75 per day via PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are experience of supporting children with Autism, or an interest in doing so.
ASAP – July 2022
Smart Teachers are seeking a committed Learning Support Assistance to support a child within Key Stage 1 on the Autistic spectrum. The ideal candidate would have had experience of supporting children with Autism, and be committed to providing a positive, safe experience for the child whilst at school. The position is 5 days per week, 08:30am-4pm.
This two form entry inner-city London school has a very inclusive feel, twinned with a nurturing and fun environment and ongoing strong links to the community and other schools within the local authority. Graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted, the team here have created a place where children are able to express themselves freely and are encouraged to be the best they can be. You will also find that they offer an excellent provision for supporting children with Special Educational needs
To be considered for the KS1 Learning Support Assistant, you will:
• Have experience of working within Primary schools
• Experience, or a desire to support children on the Autistic spectrum
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, online webinar and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a KS1 Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact us on 0203 968 7199 and quote reference DDSKS1LSA 11876.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.