We take the safety and protection of pupils seriously. All our candidates are fully vetted through our rigorous safeguarding and interview processes.
Our safeguarding processes are in line with the DfE (Department for Education) guidelines. You can be fully confident of your candidate’s background and suitability to work in your school.
We meet every potential candidate face to face, to get to know them and understand their particular strengths. In addition, we have a dedicated and experienced safeguarding department, which works independently from schools, candidates and consultants so that checks are carried out in complete confidence by trained vetting staff. We cannot offer you a member of staff until the candidate has been fully cleared by our safeguarding team.
Each time you book a member of staff from Smart Teachers, you can be sure that the following have been completed:
- Face-to-face interview
- Right to work check
- Photo ID and address check
- Children’s Barred List check (List 99)
- A current enhanced DBS check
- NCTL lists checked for prohibitions
- A full work history and a minimum of two references obtained*
- Relevant qualifications check
- Childcare Disqualification Questionnaire
- Overseas police check/conduct confirmed (where applicable)
* One reference will be from the candidate’s last employer and references will cover the last two years of employment. We do not accept ‘To whom it may concern’ references or testimonials – we contact all referees in writing.
For more information, refer to our full Recruitment & Vetting Policy.