EYFS Special Needs Support Assistant
- location Chingford
- contract type Full-time
- contract terms Long-term
- salary £75 to £80 per day
- ref DDSEYSEN4586
- Apply by 27 June 2022
- Job start 05 Sep 2022
- Job end 21 Jul 2023
A nurturing and warm infant school will required Early Years Teaching Assistants for September, supporting children on the Autistic Spectrum
Knowledge and experience of supporting children with Autism
About the role
- Provide specialist 1:1 support to children new to the Reception class who have ECHP's
- To carefully integrate them into mainstream classes, where appropriate
- To ensure the child gains access to a tailored curriculum
- Observe, document and assess progress , and communicate clearly with the class teacher and SENDCO
- Provide personal care and assistance with toileting
- Full time , 0830-1530
About the school
- A popular three-form entry school located off of Chingford high street
- Low-rise Infant school setting with bright interiors
- Graded 'Good' by Ofsted
- Lower than average levels of EAL
- Growing levels of children with diagnosed SEND
To be considered for the role of EYFS Special Needs Support Assistant you will:
- Suitable candidates must be comfortable when assisting with toileting
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- Experience of supporting SEND children within school settings
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Smart Teachers do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Dan Dunn-Stuart on 020 7065 7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.