- location Waltham Forest
- contract type Full-time
- contract terms Short-term/day-to-day supply, Long-term
- salary £70 to £80 per day
- ref DXHTA1833
- Apply by 19 April 2022
- Job start ASAP
- Job end 29 Jul 2022
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a primary school in Waltham Forest for a Teaching Assistant to work with a child in year 1 starting as soon as possible until the end of the academic year.
About the role
- Teaching Assistant required to work in Year 1, supporting a boy with ASD
- The boy is described as being very well mannered but needs support with maintaining focus
- The successful Teaching Assistant will be required to provide academic support
- The school are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant who is patient and able to follow clear strategies to help moving his attainment along
- The role is an ASAP start and will be for the duration of this academic year
About the school
- School located in Walthamstow, Waltham Forest
- 2 form entry mainstream primary school
- Ofsted rate ‘Good’
- School is over subscribed and there is a long waiting list due to the positive reputation the school has across the borough
- The school has created a environment where children are happy attending school and are also pushed academically to ensure all children fulfil their potential
To be considered for the role of Teaching Assistant you will:
- experience with primary aged children within the last 10 years that we can reference
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- recent experience working with children
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Smart Teachers do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Sandra Ku on 020 7065 7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.