Refer a friend or colleague scheme terms & conditions
Smart Teacher’s refer a friend or colleague scheme gives individuals the opportunity to earn a £125 bonus for themselves and a £125 bonus for the teacher or school support worker they refer once the person referred completes 30 full days’ supply with Smart Teachers or has been appointed to a permanent role through our Search and Select Service. There are no restrictions on the number of referrals an individual can make.
Qualifying for a referral bonus
The referred candidate must:
- be living/working in the UK, or be eligible to work in the UK
- not have registered or applied to register with Smart Teachers within the last 6 months
- be referred before they register or at the point of their registration interview
- not have been referred by another person. Only one referral can be made per candidate and a reward may only be given once for this candidate. If two people refer the same candidate, Smart Teachers will identify who referred the candidate first, and
- be referred and complete a minimum of 30 full days’ supply within a 12-month period or be appointed to a permanent role through our Search & Select Service and have been in the role for 6 weeks.
- not be a consultant, resourcer or member of the Senior Leadership Team at Smart Teachers, or be related or known personally to any of these Smart Teachers employees, and
- obtain the permission of the teacher or school support worker they are referring to Smart Teachers before submitting their details as required by general data protection legislation. The referee will indemnify Smart Teachers for any loss or claim arising out of the referee’s failure to procure such consent.
Claiming and paying a referral bonus
- The referrer must contact Smart Teachers to claim their bonus once the referred candidate has completed the required 30 full days’ supply or been appointed to a permanent role through our Search & Select Service and have been in the role for 6 weeks.
- The referral bonus must be claimed within six months of the qualifying period.
- Any candidates registered with Smart Teachers who are eligible for a refer a friend or colleague bonus will have the bonus paid through their Smart Teachers salary, which will be subject to PAYE deductions. No cash or voucher alternatives are available to candidates registered with Smart Teachers.
- Any individuals not registered with Smart Teachers who are eligible for a refer a friend or colleague bonus will have the bonus paid as an Amazon gift voucher. No cash or alternative vouchers are available. If the person making the referral works for a school, college or any other learning provider and met the candidate they are referring through work, the bonus will be paid to their employer eg the school - not the individual.
- The Amazon gift voucher/card will be sent out recorded delivery. If the Amazon gift voucher/card is stolen, lost, lost in transit or destroyed, this is not the responsibility of Smart Teachers.
- The referral bonus detailed in this scheme is a gross payment. Where the individual making the referral is not registered with Smart Teachers, Smart Teachers is not responsible for any taxes, as required by law, arising from the provision of the referral bonus.
Additional terms and conditions
- This scheme applies to supply referrals made on and after Monday 24th February 2020 and permanent recruitment referrals made on and after 1 October 2020. Any referrals made before this date will be eligible for the scheme that was running at the time the referral was made.
- Smart Teachers reserves the right to terminate or amend this scheme at any time.
- Smart Teachers will determine the eligibility for this bonus in each case and our decision is final.