SEN Teaching Assistant
- location Waltham Forest
- contract type Full-time
- contract terms Long-term
- salary £70 to £90 per day
- ref DXHSENTAWF1833
- Apply by 30 June 2022
- Job start ASAP
- Job end 21 Jul 2023
Smart Teachers is looking to appoint a SEN Teaching Assistant to join a 'Good' school in Waltham Forest to work 1-1 with a young boy with ASD.
About the role
- Role is to start asap and to continue in September.
- Teaching Assistant required to support a boy in Year 3
- Successful teaching Assistant will work alongside teacher and other highly skilled Teaching Assistants to provide academic and social support
- Previous experience working with pupils with ASD/ADHD/Down Syndrome is desirable but not essential
- The role will be supporting the child throughout the day in class and out of class activities
About the school
- School located in central Waltham Forest, with a 'Good' Ofsted
- Experienced and supportive SLT
- School is well known for its inclusive approach and has its own onsite ASD unit
- Children who attend are engaged in their learning, with the school wanting to create life-long learners through offering a personalised curriculum
To be considered for the role of SEN Teaching Assistant you will:
- Experience working with Primary aged Children.
- Be inspiring and pro-active
- Be an excellent communicator with fantastic interpersonal skills
- Have a ‘child workforce only’ DBS on the Update Service or willing to obtain one
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- prior experience with children
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Smart Teachers do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Sandra Ku on 020 7065 7500 or email email@example.com.