Special Needs Support Assistant
- location Ealing
- contract type Full-time
- contract terms Long-term
- salary £75 to £80 per day
- ref DDSTA7882
- Apply by 24 June 2022
- Job start 05 Sep 2022
- Job end 21 Jul 2023
- A fantastic opportunity has arisen for Special Needs Support Assistants to join an Outstanding school in Ealing from September 2022
About the role
- To provide active support to a child within Key Stage 2 on the Autistic spectrum
- Be accountable for the child's access to the curriculum
- Ensure learning takes place in a safe environment, and that visual timetables are upkept
- To successful intergrate the child into mainstream class settings, when appropriate
- Full time, with working hours being 0830-1600
About the school
- A popular and well-regarded Primary school in the heart of Ealing, located just off of the broadway
- Set in clean and neat grounds, with spacious classes and 'break-out' areas
- Children are extremely well-presented , with the school priding itself on uniform and appearance
- Slightly above average SEND percentage
- Graded 'Outstanding' by Ofsted
- Please note, it is difficult to park in this area, and therefore public transport is advised
To be considered for the role of Special Needs Support Assistant you will:
- Candidates must have experience of supporting children with SEND
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- Experience of Makaton, visual timetabling, and PECS
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Smart Teachers do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Dan Dunn-Stuart on 020 7065 7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.