Smart Teachers is looking for an enthusiastic and reliable KS2 teacher to join a prestigious academy located in Carshalton (SM5). The academy specialises in literacy and focuses on developing reading and writing. They also emphasise on high-level comprehension and writing skills so that pupils can engage with more complex texts across the curriculum. The curriculum they provide is creative and inspiring to match the students’ needs. This full-time teaching position starts September 2017 and will be a permanent contract.
About the Role
- KS2 Teacher
- Full-time permanent teaching position
- 30 students in a class with at least one Teaching Assistant
- MPS up to £36,906
About the School
- Part of an outstanding academy trust
- Staff members receive fantastic additional benefits including excellent career progression, bonuses and a supportive NQT programme
- Three-form entry school
- Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2015
- Near Carshalton rail station; Transport links are easily accessible from Clapham Junction or Victoria Station
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have proven UK teaching experience (minimum one term)
- Holds a PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification
- NQTs and OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school’s community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
- Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to HZMresourcing@smartteachers.co.uk quoting Job Reference number HZM29509.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.