SEN Teaching Assistant
- location Harrow
- contract type Full-time
- contract terms Long-term
- salary £70 to £80 per day
- ref SXWSENTAHAR47557
- Apply by 05 August 2022
- Job start 01 Sep 2022
- Job end 21 Jul 2023
Smart Teachers is looking to appoint an SEN Teaching Assistant to join a 'Good' school in Harrow.
About the role
- Role begins in September 2022 and is for the duration of the academic year.
- Liaise effectively and work in partnership with Class Teacher
- SEN TA will support children 1-1 or on a small group basis.
About the school
- Academy located in West Drayton within Hillingdon.
- Recently expanded 3-form entry
- Supports a vibrant, supportive and diverse community
- Have resourced provision for SEN e.g. pupils with a hearing impairment
To be considered for the role of SEN Teaching Assistant you will:
- Experience as support staff within a primary setting
- Demonstrate positive attitudes, values and behaviours
- Communicate effectively with both pupils and class teacher
- Have a ‘child workforce only’ DBS on the Update Service or willing to obtain one
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- prior experience with primary aged children
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Smart Teachers do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Sandra Ku on 020 7065 7500 or email email@example.com.