SEN Teaching Assistant- Islington
- location Islington
- contract type Full-time
- contract terms Long-term
- salary £350 to £450 per week
- ref jsa-sentaisl
- Apply by 20 December 2023
- Job start 02 Jan 2024
- Job end 19 Jul 2024
Smart Teachers are recruiting for an experienced Teaching Assistant to start in January at a school in the Islington borough.
About the role
- Teaching Assistant required on a full time basis, to join a 'Good' school in Angel
- Temporary role starting in January until the end of the academic year
- Role is supporting pupil in Year 3 1:1
- Child has been diagnosed with ASD and is described as being engaged in lessons but needs help with transitions and social situations
- School is looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant who is able to be firm but also calming
- Role is Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 16:00
About the school
- Good, 1 form entry school in Angel
- School caters for diverse cohort of pupils who stem from different backgrounds
- Have had a recent ofsted report, ofsted commented 'pupils are well behaved and engaged in lessons'
- Within walking distance to Angel station
To be considered for the role of SEN Teaching Assistant- Islington you will:
- Have an enhanced child workforce DBS
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- Previous experience working as SEN Teaching Assistant
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Smart Teachers do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Jovan Shand-Alridge on 020 7065 7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.