- location Tower Hamlets
- contract type Full-time
- contract terms Long-term
- salary £70 to £90 per day
- ref DXHTATH31714JUN
- Apply by 20 July 2022
- Job start 05 Sep 2022
- Job end 21 Jul 2023
Smart Teachers is looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join a 'Outstanding' school in Tower Hamlets to work 1-1 with a young boy with ASD.
About the role
- Role is to start in September.
- The role will be supporting the child throughout the day in class and out of class activities
- Teaching Assistant required to support across the school
- Successful teaching Assistant will work alongside teacher and other highly skilled Teaching Assistants to provide academic and social support
- Previous experience working with pupils with ASD/ADHD is desirable but not essential
About the school
• School located in Tower Hamlets, with a 'Outstanding' Ofsted
• Experienced and supportive SLT
• School is well known for its inclusive approach and has its own onsite ASD unit
• Children who attend are engaged in their learning, with the school wanting to create life-long learners through offering a personalised curriculum
To be considered for the role of Teaching Assistant you will:
- Experience working with Primary aged Children.
- Be inspiring and pro-active
- Be an excellent communicator with fantastic interpersonal skills
- Have a ‘child workforce only’ DBS on the Update Service or willing to obtain one
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- Prior experience with children
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Smart Teachers do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Sandra Ku on 020 7065 7500 or email email@example.com.